1. The Scope of this policy
The scope of the policy applies to all users of Gooday’s services. This includes customers (i.e., users requesting for services) and service providers (i.e, users providing services for customers upon request). It provides information on personal data collection, how this information is used, shared, and stored. Gooday Online LLC is the controller of the data collected in connection with the use of all Gooday services.
2. The information we collect
We collect data from the following sources and interactions with Gooday app :
- data provided by users during account creation. This includes full name, phone number, a photo ID document, Your photo, address, services you provide, Services you require,
- Data created during use of services (e.g. location, app usage, device information including model, IP address, type of browser, preferred language, frequent services, frequent locations, ratings and feedback on both customers and service providers, dates and times of use).
- personal information related to user identity verification.
- Address book contacts, if you set your device permissions to grant access to your contact list.
- Personal information collected through referrals from friends.
- Data from other sources such as partners and companies that use Gooday as their marketing platform.
3. How we use your information
We use your personal information to:
- Provide customers and service providers a platform that creates a simple, easy user experience.
- Maintain safety and security of both customers/service providers by authenticating users and verifying that both customers/service providers meet safety and identity verification requirements, to prevent fraud and crime.
- Provide a transparent Gooday platform that provides the best experience for both customers/service providers and matches customers/service providers based on interest, availability and geographic proximity.
- Improve the Gooday platform: To perform research, analysis, and develop new options (e.g. explore new services to be included in the platform) that make the platform more simple and easy to use; and also to prevent software or hardware issues.
- Provide customer support: To assist both customers/service providers while using the Gooday platform, i.e. provide support and respond to complaints from customers/service providers.
- Respond to legal proceedings and obligations: To protect the safety and security of users of the platform and to respond to government entities if the security of the customers/service providers is in danger or if there are legal allegations.
- Provide marketing services: To send advertisements based on user’s interest and location.
4. How we share your information
We do not sell your personal information. Your personal Information may be shared with other users (e.g. Name, Photo, location, rating and feedback, total services provided/services required); third parties service providers for business purposes; Research partners (who perform data analysis to enhance the platform); or legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes(if required by law or upon law enforcement authorities and governmental request) and to enforce our terms of service. User data may be shared if we notify the user and they provide their consent.
5. How we store and protect your information
We retain your information as long as necessary or as long as you maintain an account. We will maintain transactional information for at least 5 years. Users may delete their information upon request. We may retain certain user data after receiving a user deletion request if necessary for legal reasons. We take appropriate measures to protect your personal information but we cannot guarantee the security of your information including unauthorized intrusions.
6. Your Rights and Choices regarding your data
Gooday enables users to access and control the data that Gooday collects (in app settings, device permissions, marketing opt-outs, etc) using the settings menu. Gooday also enables users to request access to or copies of their data, changes or updates to their account or deletion of their account using the setting options.
7. Children’s data
Gooday is not directed to children and should not be used by a person under the age of 14. If we find out that a child under 14 has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information.
8. Links to Third party websites
The Gooday Platform may contain links to third-party websites. Those websites may have privacy policies that differ from ours. We are not responsible for those websites, and we recommend that you review their policies. Please contact those websites directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
We may occasionally update this notice. Use of our services after an update constitutes consent to the updated notice to the extent permitted by law.